Saturday, May 22, 2010

Microsoft and the Undead Menace

So, I was watching television today, as is habitual, when another one of those Windows 7 commercials came on. I don't have any real problem with them, from a commercial standpoint, besides the fact that they're pointless and boring as far as commercials go, but I do remember "Windows 7" so I guess they've done their job. Or it could just be that it's the first Windows OS that isn't followed by some string of meaningless letters in a long time. Yes, I'm talking to you, XP.


But this particular commercial caught my attention because it had zombies. Instead of some guy in his shower or some stereotypical Frenchie at an outdoor cafe, there were ZOMBIES! Which made me happy for all of three seconds. Until I watched the commercial.



I can't believe it. Not only is Microsoft giving us ads that look like they took about as much thought as whether or not to breathe, but now they're trying to convince people zombies are loving cuddly things? Seriously, Microsoft? Do you really think this is a socially responsible way to be acting?

This is the same thing that happened when Disney started releasing all those adorable nature movies with the cuddly bears and panthers. They forget the natural order of the wild is to be wild and start demonstrating in front of some government building or other to save a giant man-eating machine that could probably take their head off with one swipe.

Try this with a real bear and you're likely to end up dinner.

Now everyone's going to want to run out and hug a zombie!

I can only imagine with dread the kinds of zombie-related accidents that are going to be popping up in the news soon. Prepare yourself, Microsoft. You better have a good lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment