Monday, May 31, 2010

Hairy Potter

Empire Magazine has put together a pretty cool gallery of stars in iconic photos, and, being a fan of both magazines and movies, I naturally decided to check it out. I was clicking casually through the slideshow when something stopped me dead in my tracks:

Daniel Radcliffe.


And no I was not stopped dead out of awe or admiration or unadulterated lust. I was stopped out of sheer horror. For there, peaking out of his Simon Cowell-ish man-cleavage top was a mountain of fur. And to make matters worse, Mr. Radcliffe seems to be of the opinion that if you got it, flaunt it.

Now, perhaps this is not the first time someone has made the point that the former adorable boy-wizard who won our hearts before he hit puberty is now turning into a furry beast. In fact, I'm sure someone has, because this is the internet. Nothing goes unnoticed. And that is not the thing I take issue with. There are plenty of adorable hairy people out there (I just don't go for that, sorry guys).

What I take issue with is the way he chooses to bring attention to it. For instance, compare this topless photo of Rad-Potter to the former photo:


See, far less hairy. I mean, he's got quite a happy trail, but that's okay. Those things can come in handy. But his chest doesn't look nearly as bad. You know why? Because he's not framing his blossoming manliness!

I worry, too, for dear Daniel. I mean, if his forest continues to grow, it won't be long before he starts to look like a bear. And then who knows what his movies will be like.

It's Beary Potter, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment